My passion lies in creative development and graphic design for organizations with mission: those with the drive to create tools, reports, research or products that bring some good into this world.
I enjoy getting to know the heart and soul behind a project and working together with clients to make that a reality in creative and innovative ways. I’ve had the opportunity to do just that with a number of great clients.
- UI and Data Design Specialist, Wyoming Survey & Analysis Center at the University of Wyoming
- Presenter, 2018 KIDS COUNT Data Book. Wyoming Non-Profit Conference. August 2018.
- Board of Directors, Montessori Children’s House of Laramie, 2018 – present.
- Board of Directors: Web Chair, AIGA of Colorado, 2015 – 2018.
- Presenter, 2016 KIDS COUNT Data Book. Wyoming Non-Profit Conference. August 2, 2016.
- Presenter, Data Storytelling. Association for Business and Economic Research Centers’ Annual Conference. October 11, 2015.
- Presenter, Creating Safe Places: Methods of Sketching & Exploring Ideas in Datavis & UI Design. Department of Computer Science. April 30, 2015. University of Wyoming.
- Award of Excellence, 2014 Best of Digital Design, Society for News Design for The Next America Essay, Pew Research Center
2012 – 2014
- Information Graphics Designer, Pew Research Center
- Co-Author with Diana Yoo, Peter Bell, Bill Webster, Michael Keegan and Margaret Porteus. Our Favorite Pew Research Center Data Visualizations from 2014 Fact Tank. Pew Research Center, December 29,2014.
- Co-Author with Noble Kuriakose. Mother’s Day beat Valentine’s Day in Google ‘flower’ searches. Fact Tank. Pew Research Center. May 6, 2014.
- Presenter, Data Stories: Finding the Story in the Numbers. gnovis Conference. March 20, 2014. Georgetown University.
- Infographic Short List, 2013 Information is Beautiful Awards, The U.S. Military Footprint
2009 – 2012
- Manager of Publications and Web Services, Center for Business and Economic Research, Ball State University
- Presenter. Merely Windmills: Conquering Design and Publication Obstacles in Research Centers. Association for University Business and Economic Research Annual Conference. October 11, 2011.
- Certificate of Appreciation, Transatlantic Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Excellence in Publication Design, Association for University Business and Economic Research
- Multimedia Specialist, Department of Physiology and Health Science, Ball State University
- Bachelor’s of Science, Evangel University (Concentration in Art, minors in Multimedia Communications and Biblical Studies)